~This is a potentially awkward blog post to read. I just really felt like blogging about this topic for some reason. My apologies. Especially for the males.~
I like to think that every woman* has an obsession. Something small that can really mean SO MUCH to her. For me, I have a lot of things. Most are food. However, the obsession that made me want to write in my blog about it is this: cute & fancy bras.
The obsession started when I actually had enough to fill a cup (or...technically two cups) and the obsession grew exponentially when I discovered the bras at American Eagle...when I worked there...and got a massive discount. Then, the unthinkable happened: AE started their own underwear line and a store opened in Oak Park mall! Aerie, yes, the love of my life and the main reason (besides working at Lush) I suffer going to the mall. One Christmas, pretty much all my gifts were cute bras and undies from Aerie that matched and were all precious in little cute Aerie boxes.
After reading this month's Real Simple magazine I realized that you are only supposed to wear a bra 2-3 times before washing. Also, you are supposed to leave a day in between wears because the elastic needs to rest (who knew?!). With this new thought in mind, I was more concious of how many times I wore my bras. Also, I decided to wait FOREVER to do my laundry because it isn't a fun activity. All of this being said, I am doing laundry right now. And I thought I was SO good because I had one more bra in my drawer and I thought to myself "See? You are not so obsessed with bras! You only have one extra. You can definitely get at least two more and still be good to go when it comes to wearing bras and waiting forever to do your laundry." Then, I realized my newest bra was missing. So, I went to the basement (where we have our second set of washer&dryer (don't worry about it) and low and behold: four bras on a hanger. All were mine. Apparently Mom had done the blues down there last week and forgot to bring up the hanging dry clothes. So...I really have too many bras.
Too bad I have a coupon for a FREE BRA from Aerie that expires by June 28th. If you think about me that day, text me and make sure I don't forget to use it. Because I will, yes, DEFINITELY WILL cry if I don't use it.
*Okay, you're right. I should have said every PERSON. I know males have obsessions, too. Maybe some of them are obsessed with bras, too.
7.6.10
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i totally read that in Real Simple!!!! I LOVE THAT MAGAZINE.
ok. im coming to kc soon. and we must get together.
PLEASE
Post a Comment