15.6.10

standing here outside your door

Two years ago today, I was six days away from one of the best experiences of my life. I was so incredibly scared to go, so nervous, unsure, and regretting my decision to study abroad. What a dumb fear. Now I miss this silly street more than normal people miss their families.



Regardless, I shall return some day. Or I'll be really upset.

My newest Real Simple came yesterday. I have almost read all of it already. I like this magazine because it:
a) gives me fun recipes
b) provides tips for organization
c) tells me about fashion
d) has fun stories
e) makes me feel SO YOUNG

The fact that I am single* and not a mother means that I am a baby to read this magazine. And I feel safe knowing that I am far from marriage and babies. Don't ask me why. I am kind of like Peter Pan or a Toys R Us kid, if you know what I'm sayin'.

That being said, it is no surprise to anyone that I am BEYOND excited about my family vacation that is occuring immediately following Santa's departure and right after 2011 begins. We're going where I haven't been in over seventeen years.



And I swear if I don't get a picture with someone other than Tigger this time I'll lose it. I didn't even like Winnie the Pooh when I went when I was six, and I sure as heck need Minnie or Cinderella to make my dreams come true.

The best part? We might even go to the Harry Potter theme park, too.

Between October and December I will have gone on two (maybe even three!) vacations. Say WHAT?! Maybe it's okay I don't have a real job...okay, who am I kidding. I still need a real job. Suggestions?

*Clarification: by "single" I mean not married. I don't want any rumors about Laura being ready to mingle. Still very much in a relationship.

No comments: