I want to go to there*: http://promisespromisesbroadway.com/google.html
I'm sorry...Kristin Chenowith (whose autobiography I love and am almost finished with) aka AMAZING and Sean Hayes (who DOESN'T love that guy) in a NEIL SIMON written MUSICAL COMEDY?!
Take me. Please. I have the time, just not the money. I can even get a FREE FLIGHT there. Opening night or sometime within the first month and half of it being open would be swell, since who knows how long they'll keep those two in the cast. OH MY LANTA!
What's even more fun about this is that I know exactly where the theater is. If memory serves me right, it's down the street from Letterman. Yes, DAVID Letterman. Er...where his show is, anyway.
/geekingout.
Back to reality...
Discovery:
iPod shuffling may result in one being completely creeped out at how it reads your mind in the best and worst ways.
Examples:
"Home, home, where I wanted to go" -clocks, coldplay
"So I can be for you what you want to see, I got the gestures and sounds, got the timing down, it's uncanny yeah, you'd think it was me" -best immitation of myself, ben folds
"It's gotten late and now I want to be alone" -steadier footing, death cab
"maybe I'm a girl, maybe I'm a lonely girl who's in the middle of something that she doesn't really understand, maybe I'm a girl and maybe you're the only man who could ever help me, baby won't you help me understand" -maybe i'm amazed, jem
"And then I'll cry so hard to these sad songs, and the words still ring, once here now gone, and they echo through my head everyday, and I dont think they'll ever go away" -november, azure ray
"When I am alone, when I've thrown off the weight of this crazy stone, when I've lost all care for the things I own, that's when I miss you, that's when I miss you, that's when I miss you, you who are my home, you who are my home, and here is what I know now,here is what I know now, goes like this.. In your love, my salvation lies in your love" -orange sky, alexi murdoch
"Cause life would be just like this movie and I would never feel alone, in fact, all the problems that I have would go away and I would forget how to feel sad" -movie stars and supermodels, the rocket summer
"Nobody said it was easy, it's such a shame for us to part, nobody said it was easy, no one ever said it would be this hard, oh take me back to the start" -the scientist, coldplay
...This is the collection of the songs from my drive back to KC last night. Yes, I took the time to find them on my iPod. Nerdy? Maybe. But I was amazed** as how topical and true to the moment they were in my life. Pretty much awesome.
In any event, watch out for putting your iPod on shuffle.
Update: I am almost 100% better. Great. Freakin. News. I even went to work today. Then, back to Topeka tomorrow.
Q: When will I ever stay in one place for longer than a two weeks at a time?
A: Never.
*Name who I am quoting and you win my heart.
**I use the word amazed here because I like it, not because I heard the song "Maybe I'm Amazed" ...or maybe I was subconsciously brainwashed.
26.1.10
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I really liked this post and those songs and your second asterick notes. you are my friend
Post a Comment