26.6.09

i can be anything that i see

happy 50th, my mommy. i love you!

This day last year, I was in Italy being homesick for my Mom on her 49th. Today, I got to wake up and see my Mom and give her lots of hugs and love. It was wonderful. Italy was great, but I have since realized that living THAT far away would be improbable for me. Although, if I really fell in love and my husband had to move there, I would NO DOUBT be excited and would follow him in a heartbeat. Maybe even if we were just engaged. But, an adventure is an adventure.

This past weekend, one of my favorite people/best friends got married. Her wedding weekend was a huge blast and I got to spend so much time with her and other awesome girlies. I got drunk for the first time in a while and it was time spent with great people. I got to get pretty in a cute dress and dance with my boyfriend. It was a wonderfully incredible time, just as I knew it would be. Being in a wedding is glorious, but also a lot of work. Totally worth it, though.


i like him.

such awesome colors, ya?

In other news, yesterday...Michael Jackson died. Just typing that out makes me kind of sick. He had a lasting impact on my life. I watched the news with my Mom for over an hour last night after it was announced. I was almost crying. I danced to his music later. Rest in Peace, MJ, Farrah Fawcett, and Ed McMahon. You will all be missed.

Still unemployed. Still depressed about it. Getting better at enjoying my time "off" though.

I got to see some of my favorites in Manhattan this week. I was in town for about 16 hours and was able to grad dinner with Ana, hang out time with Steve/Amber/Andrea, and breakfast with Kati/Mara. It was like a dream come true. Then, a day in McPherson with my Jenna. Good week.

Inspired by Mara, I looked up my color personalities.

#1: Lake. You are very attractive, talkative, and have beautiful expressive eyes. One of your greatest assets is your sincere love for those around you. You are in touch with your emotions and help others get in touch with theirs.
#2: Black. You are highly emotional and very loyal to your friends. You are disciplined, an overachiever and very serious. You have a keen understanding of the past and are aware of why things happen the way they do.

Mostly true. The emotions/emotioanl things for sure. For sure the awareness of past/why things happen. That's like...my life in a nutshell. And I do SO love those colors.

And I'll end on this note:

Clint and I got carded to see The Hangover (rated R) last night.
We're turning 22 in two weeks. Holler!

1 comment:

allisonnicole said...

you are a great little blogger! really. :)