17.12.09

somewhere in detroit

Some things just aren't as exciting as they used to be.
And then you have to re-evaluate decisions you've made about the future life you want. Is that really the way it's "supposed" to be? After all these years of planning...

I like splurging on little things.
For instance:

expensive soaps/bubble baths at work
-or-
fancy pants stationery/stamps/paper from Paper Source
-or-
slippers/pajama pants/underwear

Things that you can find for a decent/inexpensive price I just LOVE getting when they are FANCY and PRICEY. It almost makes me feel like I'm giving myself a little treat.

After my shift tonight, I bought some things in our store for family members, and splurged on a shiny, gold, glittery bubble bar and a sea salt gorgeous blue colored bath bomb. Why? They smelled good and we call that bath cocktail (aka combination) "the drunken mermaid" and I HAD to try it.

But, why spend the money I'm barely making on things I don't necessarily need? The world may never know.

And, why do I over invest myself in people who show me nothing in return?
Or, better yet, overshare with people who are really important to me about topics that are sensitive and may alter what they think about me?

Yes, you're probably right. It's time for me to go to sleep.

1 comment:

anne charlotte said...

i love me some kogum thoughts