14.8.09

and everybody knows it

We're almost halfway through August.

Do you like how I update you on where we are on the calendar of the year? Just in case you weren't aware, we only have four and a half months of 2009 remaining. A little crazy. Then, it's on to the 201_ years. No more writing 200_. I'll miss that double zero.

Currently a fourth of the way through my fourth book for this summer. David Sedaris - check him out. He was recommended to me by a certain Miss Krista. Speaking of her, she is now freshly engaged. So exciting. Now I can look at wedding things online and watch dumb wedding shows without feeling pangs of guilt afterwards.

It's been over a year since I came back from Europe. A fact that baffles my mind. I would love to return sometime soon. Occassionally I consider jobs overseas. In all honesty, though, I don't know if I could be that far away.

A large part of my heart is sad that I'm not in work week right now. I know you actives, well, you think I'm crazy. But it's definitely somemthing you miss when it can no longer be yours. I miss Kappa and I'm not afraid of saying that.

If I'm going to stay in Kansas City I need to start finding a place like Bluestem so I don't go crazy. Or maybe a JOB. THAT is a novel idea.

Denial is something I'm really good at.
Like Clint having his last night in KC tonight.
And me not seeing him as often.
And the fact that I'm a college graduate (yes, still in denial about that).

Or that I'm in my twenties.

Things get weirder as you get older, but time just keeps on going.
Strange concept, I know.

Off to read a bit, shower, and finish hanging up my clothes that have been on the floor all summer (I finally got some hangers).

1 comment:

NICOLE said...

Oh miss Laura, I know what you mean about work week. I also understand the updates on where the year is in time. Life is ticking away, what's that about?!