25.8.09

and are we there yet?

Phew.

I love vacations so much that I've turned my Dad's house into a vacation home. I was out of KC for eight days and now that I'm back I'm starting to realize that this is more of a home than I realized. All in only three months.

In the past weekish I have:

::Filled six or seven boxes with things to donate/sell from my childhood.
::Had my first job interview.
::Seen where my cousin and his future wife will live.
::Been depressed about not doing recruitment.
::Had a girls' night with Jenna.
::Witnessed a friend from middle school get married.
::Reconnected with an elementary school friend at that wedding (and I hadn't seen her since HS graduation).
::Been accepted into graduate school.
::Bought a great new CD.
::Blacked out at the doctor's office.
::Sent out my resume four more times.
::Missed Manhattan (and my loves that live there).
::Felt oddly secure with my still undetermined future.

Also, I have realized that I spend way too much of my life counting down to things.
...it's really hard not to.

No comments: