26.5.09

from a great height

Hello from The Strutt coffee shop in Kalamazoo, MI. My final 26 hours remain in this great state and I cannot believe how quickly it has come to an end. Many great memories, good wine, wonderful company, and plenty of sunshine. Katy is working hard behind the counter while I journal, read, write thank you notes, and (now) blog. Sipping on an Izze sparkling pomegranate juice and nibbling on a lemon-blueberry scone. The radio station they have is a great one. Radiohead, The Killers, Postal Service, and Linkin Park (what? yes.), just to name a few. I'm holding on to these last few moments for all they are worth.

I'm making water marks on the wood banister next to me. I bet they hate that.

Pixar's "Up" comes out on Friday and I am really excited to see it. Living in KC now allows me to be guaranteed a movie-going buddy. My cousins or my sister. For sure. Especially with a Disney flick.

I am kind of dreading going home because that means back to reality. Looking for a job, missing KSU, missing my friends...especially my roomies. I've been missing them an AWFUL lot as of late. They are too wonderful for words. Reunion ASAP, I say.

If I were a boy, I would shave my facial hair in designs. And my head. I would shave a maze into it. And then tattoo a snake going through part of the maze.

Crazy story:

There was a lady one of Katy's friends knew and she went to the pet store to ask what was wrong with her snake. It was a big guy and she actually slept with it at night (creepy, but whatever). So I guess it wasn't eating and she was concerned about it, so she went to as the store what she should do. They asked what had been its typical habits during the day, etc. and she included the part where it slept next to her in bed. Immediately the store clerk said she had to get rid of it. The clerk explained that the snake was sizing her up at night to see if it could eat her.

Doesn't that give you the creeps? Here she is, loving this animal and it's plotting to eat her.

Ee-gads!

That's all I got.

Peace.

1 comment:

4 single girls..telling their stories. said...

just thinking today about how i miss my roomies.

lets do have a reunion. soon. have a safe trip home. LOVE